Chapters

December 17, 2010

The Final(s) Days

In my attempts to procrastinate from studying, I figured I'd write one of my final posts.

It's impossible to believe that I leave Dublin in less than a week. Where did the semester go? I'm in an state of utter denial. In an ideal world, next semester I could come back to Dublin but bring everyone from Georgetown and Georgetown itself over with me. Or maybe I could pack Dublin with me. Either way, I need to find a lot of money or get a reality check.

At this point I've had 3 papers and 2 finals with the last final on its way tomorrow. Despite the vacation from Georgetown-work, I feel like I probably learned more this semester than any thus far. Maybe that's a romanticized version of the truth, but I feel there's some validity to it. Hell week is about to draw to a close and then I'll be ready to head back to the States.

In other news, the other day I went to a sold out Deadmau5/Calvin Harris/Steve Aoki concert with Chris at The O2 for a crazy study break. Between the spastic lights and amazing house music, it was a really wild experience. We loved every second of it and came out of it feeling ready to crush our next exams.


Yes, he wears a mouse helmet that's actually a computer. SO COOL.

And for your viewing pleasure:


And with that, my top albums of 2010 are as follows:

1) LCD Soundsystem - This Is Happening
2) Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
3) Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma
4) Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
5) Vampire Weekend - Contra
Runners Up: The National - High Violet, Caribou - Swim, Four Tet - There Is Love In You, The Walkmen - Lisbon, Toro Y Moi - Causers of This
Most listened to song (darkhorse pick/nerd alert): Ravel - Jeux D'eau

I'm not ashamed to say that my list is totally and 100% subjective, so sorry to any of the haters out there (you too, Pitchfork.com).

Guess it's time to get back to studying. One last thing- 1 week til Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. What? this adventure DID include school? man I am so glad that was de-amplified in the blog, while you, instead, shared with us the fun days and awesome nights of all the other things you did (besides study!)... but, i guess if your parents read your blog, then ya need to give some indication that this semester was a study abroad implying books, too... I am so happy for you that your "study" was really more about life study, and how cool is it that the book stuff also was held in high regard by you? seriously great stuff. My only recommendation to you is that when you hit the lottery and go back, your family needs to go with you. LOL. Have a GREAT trip back to this side of the pond... now that the travel and "empowerment" of this trip have hit, I can only imagine the even MORE remarkable your life path ahead will take you!!! keep on keepin on!! :) love from your philly cuz'ns

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're going to miss your blog, Hon, but will be so happy to see you again! And, I've asked Santa to bring you hearing aides after that concert. Lol. I can't even imagine what the decibel level was, but it certainly was "showy". Of course, old Nook knows none of the albums you mentioned, but that's probably as it should be. I mean, we're seniors, for heaven's sake, but we know how much you love music, so they're probably good. Cannot wait to see you over the holidays, Josh-meister, Laddie-Boy, Monsieur, or any other titles you have now that you've experienced Ireland & Europe. We'll pray you home, Lovie. Nook & Tom

    ReplyDelete